Hollywood & Bollywood films use VFX to produce awesome effects & realistic environments in films. Through visual effects, the artists can make interesting things happen in movies – bomb blasts, natural disasters, flying objects, superpowers, etc. – that are difficult or impossible to shoot in real life.
The Indian Animation & VFX industry is expected to grow to approximately Rs. 7340 crores by 2017*.
This is a huge industry & needs talented, trained people. Salaries are good for the right person. If you wish to join this industry, you have to create high-quality visual effects (VFX) for films, TV, advertisements & games. To join this industry, learn the right skills and get the right training with the VFX Pro program
- Access Onlinevarsity: Onlinevarsity is Arena’s exclusive web portal for students. You can log in to this portal to get course material, discuss doubts & problems with professors at any time of the day or night, chat with your classmates, plan activities or projects, get references to more learning resources, see samples & references of good work, etc.
- Become a VFX/compositing professional
- Work with latest software like Nuke, Mocha, Photoshop, Houdini, Boujou, Fusion.
- Learn advanced Compositing tools, time remapping & bounding boxes, Match-moving, Matte painting & Camera tracking
- Learn with projects and hands-on practice sessions
- Attend lectures conducted by expert faculty
- Additional practice sessions
- Professional work portfolio development
- Industry interaction & workshops
- You can make a successful career as a VFX artist & compositing artist in:
- Animation film production studios
- Television channels
- Television production houses
- Ad production houses
- Gaming companies
- 100% job placement assistance
- Job fairs
- Career seminars
- Industry interaction
- Studio tours
- Creative workshops
- VFX Compositor: Their job is of combining various elements created in the animation process to create the illusion of reality by merging different elements in the same scene/sequence, to produce a final film.
- Roto Artist: They are the artist or technician, who manually creates a matte for an element on a live-action plate so it may be composited over another background.
- Matte painter: He or she digitally paints photo-realistic interior and exterior environments that could not have been otherwise created or visited.
- Pre comp Artist: Their job is of creating a separate composition out of one or more layers in your open composition.
- Match moving Artist: Their job is to insert computer graphics into live-action footage with correct position, scale, orientation, and motion relative to the photographed objects in the shot.
- Tracking Artist: They will construct a tracking matte to follow the actor through the scene, blocking that information from the tracking process.
- VFX Artist: Visual effects artist create stunning special effects & match them with the live-action elements of feature films & TV commercials so that they all look like one whole frame.